It is necessary, before going to work in the congress, to carry out a preliminary analysis in order to set the previous organizational bases at the same time that the necessary document is prepared to be able to compete at the time of applying to the promoter to get the organization contract.
This PRELIMINARY ANALYSIS, will be composed of the following actions:
The first thing we advise is to make a BRIEFING EXHAUSTIVO, with which we will be able to define the PHILOSOPHY AND OBJECTIVES congressional.
You have to be clear before going to work, the why of the congress, the for what specification of the general and specific objectives, that will allow us to mark general guidelines for scientific contents, the social aspects of the congress, define the tourism burden of the host city, as well as the necessary interrelation among professionals.
The briefing is difficult. We propose to make a "check list" with some of the main points that should be considered, but that must adapt to the unique characteristics of each congress:
- Type of event concerned
- General objectives of the promoting institution
- Specific objectives of the event
- Public possible objectives
- Characteristics of the possible Locations
- Playful contributions to the congress
- Caterings needs
- Accreditation methods
- Technical requirements
- Type of translation
2. ANALYSIS OF PUBLIC OBJECTIVES
- EXHAUSTIVE knowledge of the sector to which the congress is aimed
- Characteristics of that public or public
- Professional levels
- Origin of possible assistants
- Professional interests
- Tourist interests
- Adquisitive level
- Professional groups of the sector
- Age intervals
- Customs and values
- Needs of the sector
3. IMPACTS OF THE EVENT
It is very convenient to know beforehand the problematic of the sector, to define the impacts that the congress should have not only in the own market but in the promoter entity and in other aspects.
- Opportunities and challenges before the situation of the sector
- Exchanges and experiences
- Positioning of the institution
- Impacts on the host city
- Problems of the sector and possible solutions
- Importance of professionals in the sector
- Indirect impacts in other sectors
- Meetings between participants
- Image and brand country and city
From this one PRELIMINARY STUDY we will have to make a PREVIOUS MEMORY which, as we say, can serve as a presentation proposal for the purposes of competitions to apply to the organization of the congress.
This PREVIOUS MEMORY, must contain all the pieces that are going to be treated in the organization established in a general way. It is an exposition of all the issues in which they will intervene, incorporating the previous data that they have of them.
A general list of issues to include in the previous report (always keeping in mind that it will have to be adapted to the singularities of each congress) are:
- INTERNAL PLANNING AND EXECUTION ORGANIZATION
- PROJECTION OF THE CONGRESS
- ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- SCIENTIFIC COMITTEE
- TECHNICAL GENERAL SECRETARIAT
- PRELIMINARY PROGRAM
Technical General Secretariat
Certificates of assistance
Cancellations and changes
- CORPORATE IMAGE. DOCUMENTATION
- WEB PAGE
- HEADQUARTERS - SIGNAL
- RESTORATION AND CATATERING
- PREVIOUS PROTOCOL
- SPEAKERS MANAGEMENT
- SOCIAL PROGRAM
- ACCOMPANYING SOCIAL PROGRAM
- ANOTHER QUESTIONS
From all these points, an initial outline will be made in which the intentions of the congress promoting entity and this document will be established in the basic text to be followed throughout the planning process.
Even explaining to perfection the method to follow in each point and the work that is going to be done, this document well laid out for an adequate presentation, together with the credentials and experiences of the organizers in a real SUBMISSION OF CANDIDATURE to teach any entity.
From this document, an initial dossier will be released, which will be expanded in some parameters, and will be very useful for presentation to institutions, potential sponsors, etc.
Each and every one of these points will be broken down and expanded in the subsequent chapters that will be developed.